"Viscous materials, especially ink, is
often difficult to work with."
Clawson Container Company Catalog, showing rare insight into the writer's burden
Sometimes I write things that aren't
Sometimes they're explicitly about me--those things
have their own page.
This page is for things that aren't stories and
that aren't about me. Some of them aren't even
APOLOGIZE TO THE RICE RIGHT NOW
- Always respect the rice.
- Totally Automated Variations on some art about
The Alphabet by
The Basic Eight vs. Lowell High School
- Figuring out a roman a clef set in my high school
- Daily Nonsense
- I wrote a perl program to Markovly dissociate text each night.
It puts the results up on the web.
- Excerpt from Submarine Cable Laying and Repairing
- I didn't write this. Rather, I copied it out of a hundred-year-old
book on repairing undersea cables. It is about specialized grappling
hooks and grapnels.
- If you're not a computer programmer, these definitely won't
interest you. If you are a computer programmer, then they
might or might not.
- I don't remember most of my dreams. But I've written some down.
- I've written some poems. Most of them rhyme.
- I've taken photos of some things I've never seen photos of.
- Fave Reads
- I read a lot. Here's my fave reads for 2004 and earlier.
For later years, check the
- Japanese Ska and Punk
- Mini-reviews of some Japanese Ska and Punk bands
- Curtis H Anderson File
- I didn't write these. I just typed up some things that this other
- Extending Embedded Python with SWIG
- If you don't know what the title means, then you aren't interested.
- Artificial Life in the Marketplace
- An exploration of game theory and genetic algorithms, watching reciprocity coalesce in a soup of self-interest.
- St Columba: Patron Saint of File-Sharers
- A subject about which I can write with a near-total lack of authority.
- De Gustibus
- A few words on the subject of Quality.
- Doom WAD
- Back when Doom was the coolest game around, I made a WAD
(set of adventures) for it. I haven't uploaded the WAD
to this site, but I did put up its README file. As far as
I know, this was the only WAD that came with a bibliography.
But I haven't looked too hard.
- Larry's Bike FAQ
- These are answers to frequently asked questions about my bike.
- This is an adventure based on something that happened to me.
Maybe I should put it on my anecdote page
instead of here.
- Apocryphcal Zen Koan
- How a technical writer achieves calm.
- Twitter vs O RLY?
- Meme mash-up.