From the "Who asked You?" Department, it's my opinion of
- What I've heard:
- "Birds and the B-Sides" (album, Virgin)
- "Buttercup (I'm a Super Girl)" (song collected on "Heroes and Villians", Rhino)
- "Rock Animals" (album, Virgin)
- "Let's Knife" (album, ???)
- "Happy Hour" (album, ???)
- Gross Generalization:
- Pop ditties with punk nods
- I doubt you want to know what I think of Shonen Knife.
I mean, they have albums available in the USA.
If you're reading this, you're probably from the USA.
Pick up a used album. Or read some other web site.
Plenty of people like Shonen Knife.
Okay, here's one thing I can add to the discussion about
Shonen Knife. Sometimes, a tune sticks in your head.
Sometimes, it's an irritating tune and you want it to go
away. In these situations, I think of Shonen Knife's
"I Like Choco Bars". It's sufficiently catchy to dislodge
any other song. Despite its catchiness, I have trained
myself to purge "I Like Choco Bars" from my head.