On March 14, 2004, Team Fishstick Mess took part
in Bang V, by which I mean that I and two people
who I'd just met took part in a treasure hunt. The official
place to learn about BANG, the Bay Area Night Game is
but if you're interested to see how one geek got into
treasure-hunting, read on.
- Pre-Game Activities or, an introduction to treasure hunting
- Starting Gate, in which a lot of paper moves around
- First Packet, Power Up!, in which the puzzles start
- Black & White, proving the feasibility of puzzle-solving in a mob.
- Feeling Good!, in which the solution of an elegant puzzle leads to existential uncertainty
- Physical Challenge, perhaps the longest description you will ever read of a Skee-Ball game
- Where's the Loot? Three Words, in which no puzzles are solved
- Five by Five, After-Party, in which we are late.