On December 18, 1998, I quit my job at
Geoworks, an OS
development company. I'd worked there for eight years.
I had only a vague plan for the future: do some travelling and
look for work when calmer.
It's pretty easy to arrange a trip to
the holidays had calmed down a bit, I headed on up.
- You Goddamned Son of a Bitch
- Career talk on the way to Stanford
- Cattle Grind
- Antibiotic-resistant bacteria, plasmids, bird poop, compulsion
- We Shall Cleanse the World
- Next to Godliness
- If the chapter titles to this travelogue seem strange, I guess it's
time I came clean: they're the names of tracks on an album by the
Revolting Cocks. Some names match the contents of their chapters
more or less. Others don't. This is one of the others.
- In the Neck
- A rare sight: a nuclear family
- You Often Forget
- Playing tourist at the Fishermen's Terminal
- TV Mind
- An evening of entertaining at home. Bloodshed.
- Union Carbide
- In which many cookies appear
- Attack Ships on Fire
- Escape from Seattle
- No Devotion
- Getting caught up on work
You Goddamned Son of a Bitch